Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Apple for the Teacher

Alright,
I was initially wrong on Apple (AAPL), but I've corrected that since and bought up some more shares a couple of weeks ago. What a relief! Apple has been rocketing up delightfully and I have made over 7% so far. (No, it's not the 25% I could have made if I stayed on, but...)

Other stocks of choice include Exxon Mobile (XON) and First Solar (FSLR). These are my entrees into energy stock. No matter what happens in the world, humans will need energy to make things go. Exxon represents the old world energy (fossil fuel) and First Solar represents the new, or next, generation of energy-- that is solar.

Technology. Energy. Hmm... sounds like the future is finally here.

2 comments:

CalvinMora. said...

Yesss.... energy and oil are good resources to invest in. I also learned one thing, Not to invest on financial and tech stocks at the moment!! lol.

Mr. Tim Rankin said...

Calvin,
What don't you like about Tech? Hasn't Tech been performing well this quarter? Apple has been great, Microsoft has been creeping along, what Tech don't you like?

(Next week let's talk about Solar Power!!!)